Winter Wedding Inspiration
Thursday, December 16, 2010 10:47 AM
Planning a holiday-themed wedding but don't want the predictable decor? Check out these modern holiday-inspired details from Save the Date Events.
Cake: Intricate Icings; stationery: JS Design Custom; photos: Premium Digital Solutions
Debbie Orwat of Save the Date Events shared these tips for couples planning a cozy winter wedding:
1. Pamper your guests with a hot chocolate bar complete with homemade marshmallows and add-in spirits such as Baileys, Kahlua and Jack Daniels. Garnish with a candy cane.
2. Take the chill out of the air by offering pashmina shawls for guests to use during the wedding ceremony and reception. A great resource for renting or purchasing these is Splendor For Your Guests.
3. For your guest welcome bags, consider adding a tin of your favorite holiday cookies, hot cocoa mix, a CD of holiday tunes, hot cider mix or miniature pumpkin pies.
4. If you are having a lot of children, consider inviting Santa Claus to the rehearsal dinner. You can also create holiday coloring books to entertain kids at the wedding.
5. For décor, think jewel tones with sparkle. White lights, candles and gold or silver accents will really brighten up a winter wedding. Up-lighting can really warm up a reception space. You CAN have a gorgeous winter or holiday wedding without snowflakes, pinecones, ornaments or Christmas trees!
6. A faux fur bolero is always a beautiful accent for the bride and bridesmaid if you plan to take any outside photos in a cold climate.
>See more winter wedding ideas